It’s very important to know how to choose essential oils for their intended purpose.
When you use them well, then you can use them correctly to get excellent results.
Essential oils can help improve the quality of life by improving and helping a number of issues. Essential oils work great in relieving conditions such as stress and congestion, relieving sore muscles, helping with hormone balance and many others.
Here are a few considerations when buying and using essential oils to help you get nothing short of the very best from your favorite oils.
1. Start by doing a research of all essential oils based on the purposes you are getting the oils for. There is a long list of oils and they often have multiple purposes. Some are preferred for the many health benefits they have while other oils are used for freshing the air, in laundry and household cleaning. Know your needs before searching for the most suitable oils to use.
2. Do not forget to dilute your essential oils. Some oils – such as tea tree, chamomile, lavender and certain rose oils – can be used directly on the skin in their pure form but most need to be diluted because they can be damaging to the skin because of their high concentrations. Know which oils need diluting when buying and before using.
3. If you are new to essential oils, always conduct a patch test to be sure that the oil you have selected is safe for you. Remember that even though some of the oils do not have any side effects, you could get allergic reactions especially if you have sensitive skin. Place a small amount of the oil on a patch and stick it on your arm. Let it stay for a while before removing and observing your skin for any reactions.
4. Find out as much as you can about the oil that you are buying. The more you know about the properties as well as the contraindications of the oil you are buying, the better you will be in handling it to get the desired results.
5. Exercise caution using essential oils when pregnant or suffering from serious health conditions. Most are not recommended for pregnant women and some conditions so be sure to consult with your doctor or therapist before using any essential oil however safe you might feel it is.
6. Determine the best application method for the essential oil that you choose. This is important because some are safe and effective when used in a certain way, such as inhalation compared to applying onto the skin.
7. Make sure that you stick to the recommended dosage. Most of the oils are highly concentrated and dosages that are higher than the recommended one can be dangerous. Make sure you stick to the number of drops directed on the package or use as directed by your aromatherapist.
To get the excellent results with the essential oil that you have selected, you should not only make sure you choose quality, but also use the oils in the best way as directed.