The tangy taste of orange juice can definitely make your taste buds drool.
But you will be happy to know that oranges have tons of skin-beautyfying qualities too. In our more-beautiful looking quest, we subject our skin to many harmful chemical preparations. But these chemical preparations are very harsh on the skin and costly too.
It is the time to abandon all these chemical preparations altogether and return to nature. An orange can help you a lot in looking good. If you do not believe me, then read this article to know the amazing 11 beauty benefits of orange. Learn how to use orange juice in your beauty applications. All the beauty uses of oranges are easy to use and effective to provide skin benefits of orange juice.
Beauty benefits of oranges
1. Orange juice works effectively for shrinking the open pores. Just apply the juice of an orange on your face; let it stay for 2-3 minutes and wash off immediately. This helps in closing the enlarged pores and giving a shining glow to your face.
2. In peak summers, sunrays are the worst enemy for your skin. Just rub half an orange on your face for few minutes. It will tone and refresh your skin in a jiffy.
3. Orange is rich in citric acid, which is very helpful in drying away acne. Oranges contain fruit acids that gently exfoliate your skin to reveal a brighter skin every day. Just mash the grated orange peels to apply on your acne and its scars. If followed regularly, you will see visible reduction in the pimples and its marks.
4. Apply orange peel powder either mixed with milk or curd on your face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash off. Use this home remedy daily to bleach your face naturally.
5. Orange is an excellent beauty aid in reversing the aging process. It is high in vitamin C, which increases the production of collagen and keeps the skin firm and moist. From now on, always make it a point to eat one orange every day to ward off aging and wrinkles.
6. Orange has powder to flush away toxins from the body. Eating oranges helps to activate the detoxification of your body. It keeps oxygen in the skin and combats free radicals to make your skin radiant and fresher.
7. After eating the oranges, do not throw away the peels. Dry them in the sun to use its powder as a body scrub.
8. You can apply orange peel powder mixed either with curd or milk cream on your face daily to impart a rosy glow to your face. This home remedy helps to fade away blemishes and dark spots of the face too.
9. Prepare a skin-refreshing spray with orange peels. Just pour boiling water over the orange peels and keep it on for one day. Next day, strain the liquid and keep it in a spray bottle in the fridge. Apply this liquid on your face with the help of cotton pads; keep it on for some time and see how it gives a soft and glowing touch to your face. You can use this liquid in your regular face masks too. Or just add this liquid in your bath water for a refreshing and rejuvenating experience. You can use this liquid on the hair as last rinse to get rid of dandruff and get shiny hair.
10. Take the juice of 2 oranges and put it in an ice cube tray. Then rub the frozen orange cubes on your face to spruce up and brighten your dull and lacklustre face. This refines your pores and reduces the oiliness of face to control acne. It is one of the most important benefits of applying oranges on the face.
11. Orange juice is a great conditioner for your hair. Just prepare a wonderful conditioner at home by mixing juice of one orange, water (orange juice and water in equal amount) and one spoon of honey. Apply this mix on your shampooed hair. Keep it on for 5- 10 minutes, then wash off. The result: a healthy, shiny and beautiful hair.
Discover more ways to use herbs and natural remedies by joining the Herbal Collective newsletter.