A pedicure can leave your feet looking sleek and beautiful, but there are a lot of extra benefits that remain unknown to the average consumer.
Your feet take a regular beating, stuffed into shoes and walking all over the place. They rarely get the attention they deserve. Here are six underrated reasons to treat your feet to a relaxing pedicure.
1) The close attention to your feet by a professional can result in early detection of common issues like corns, bunions, and fungal infections. Often, these problems are ignored until they get too painful to stand, but addressing them early can save your feet a lot of hassle and prevent the need for serious medical intervention.
2) Pedicures act as a preventative health measure for your nails and skin. Clipped, clean toenails won't collect harmful dirt and fungus. Exfoliation of dead skin clears the way for new, healthy skin to grow. At the very least, your feet will smell much better!
3) A good pedicurist soaks your feet in lotions and moisturizers. The skin around a foot is tough and can become cracked if it gets too dry. This is especially important during winter when you can go weeks without ever glancing at your feet. Keeping your feet properly lotioned year-round will leave your skin feeling fresh and vibrant.
4) Relieving stress coiled in your feet and ankles will make it easier on your whole lower body. Do research beforehand and find a salon that features licensed masseuses. A strong, thorough massage promotes blood circulation throughout the legs and prevents soreness and general body pain.
5) A reputable salon offers services you won't be able to do at home. Volcanic or pumice stones slough off dead skin, and the rubbing sensation will feel invigorating.
Various lotions, warm nectars, and antioxidant oils can be chosen to match your favorite smell or foot profile. Lastly, there will be countless colors to choose from for your polish. With a basecoat to protect the nail plate and a topcoat that lets the color stay vibrant for longer, the fresh toenail painting can provide lasting style.
6) The soothing environment and therapeutic procedures of a pedicure provide great stress relief. Most people suffer from stressors of various types, which can have a domino effect on other health concerns. Salons smell pleasant, have comfortable seating, and provide services that can reduce physical and emotional stressors in your life.
You can find a good pedicure at a reasonable price, and it is so much more than a fresh paint job for your nails.